[Software] CPAP+ Control Panel

Maciej Zarnowski
Site Admin

[Software] CPAP+ Control Panel

Post by Maciej Zarnowski »

Hi guys!
We're finally ready to announce the first serious task that will help us speed up the development of our VentilAidor.
The task is to make a control panel app for our hardware.

Main requirements:
1. Based on Qt5 or other framework that is supported on multiple platforms (should be able to run on Windows/Linux/MacOS, in later revisions we’d like it to be able to run on Raspberry or similar hardware with connected touchscreen),
2. Communication with hardware done by serial over USB, baudrate 115200 or greater. Software should be able to scan COM ports, show a list of available devices.
3. Refresh rate should be settable (it’s a setting that will be send to our device to set frequency of outgoing packets)
4. Software should be able to record received data to a file (it can be plain text or any other file type but it must be easily converted to graphs etc. for analysis)
5. Software should be able to send 5 setting values, as presented on the layout guideline screenshot. Values should be settable via sliders or by writing a value to window and hitting enter.
6. Software should be able to show received values in real-time manner on graph. It should be scalable with window size (bigger window - bigger graph) and clear.
7. If our hardware sends error frame, a new pop-up window should appear with error details
8. If our device doesn’t send any message for 5 sec - open error window and maybe sound an alarm?

You can see front panel layout guideline here:

Communication protocol proposition:

Please let us know if you can help!

Krzysztof Sakowski

Re: [Software] CPAP+ Control Panel

Post by Krzysztof Sakowski »

Hey Maciej,

I would be happy to do this project. I have some experience with very similar tasks. It should be fairly easy task.

What you should be the next steps?

Cheers,
Krzysztof

Maciej Zarnowski
Site Admin

OK, so I created a repository for that project: https://gitlab.com/Urbicum/ventilaidcpapcontrolpanel/

Please feel free to use it as your development repository.
If you need anything else, please let me know.

Please include building instruction and simple how-to-use in readme file, so we and everyone else can use that software with their CPAP.

purbanski

Post by purbanski »

Hey Guys,

I'm happy to help, if the help is still needed.

Thanks,
P

Maciej Zarnowski
Site Admin

We can use any help.

What came to my mind and it is not in posted specification is that the application should only send Setting message (COMPUTER->DEVICE) when the settings values has changed or if the device is not responding (right after estabilishing connection, when device is not fully booted).

konel83

Post by konel83 »

Hi!
I can write an application for windows in .NET
I'm not very experienced, but maybe it will help.
Best wishes
Konrad

eketh

Post by eketh »

Hi!

Just letting you know I had a free moment today and I wrote a simple C model of your communication messages and I will be glad to send it to your repository if you think it is useful - I think it is. Not sure in which language you are going to write later (C++ probably?), but it will be easier to adjust this small part later on than to write all this boilerplate from scratch :)

armcoder777

Post by armcoder777 »

Hi There,
IMHO if we do this in JavaScript (NodeJS ) with https://serialport.io/ which can work with Boudrate, USB , and More ,
we could get more help from fantastic big NodeJS , Angular community.

Can somebody tell me to which device should the software be able to connect . so I can make some initial tests coming days. Motor Controller?

Is there any simulator of such device you know, that we could make some tests prior purchasing them?

astepnik

Post by astepnik »

Hello Guys,

We recently did a project for receiving and sending data TCP for RaspberryPi with support for touch screen. We can use this code and adapt it to work with serial bus.

Whole project is written in C# .NET Core, with UI in Chrome + Angular

If you have time we can adapt it together.

Maciej Zarnowski
Site Admin

Hi, thank you guys for your input!

There's a team of 3 people working on it right now, they should have it ready before sunday. I'll leave that task to those guys for the time being.
If the first version works, we'll be able to provide you with more details about verified requirements. If it fails, we'll discuss how to make it work :D

Answering some questions - it'll be connected to USB Serial device (for now STM32F103, I think software will be ported to various platforms later, eg. Arduino).

There's no simulator yet (and I doubt it will ever exist)
Hardware components for prototype should arrive tomorrow - I'll keep you guys updated.