Face shield with light source

Andre S.

Re: Face shield with light source

Post by Andre S. »

@cknom4d
Today I could test the face shield (still without shield but) with the lamp.
The parts fit together very well and even the knurling printed very good an served its job!

@Jan did you talk to the people again who approached you for the lighted face shields? What do they say so far?

Below you can see the different configurations I tested. Just the clamp without the link (lower left image) worked best.
different set ups_.jpg
different set ups_.jpg (192.98 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
If an upper cover is needed it could fit under the lamp.
In the right picture the light shone directly below the camera.
side view front view-min low_res-min.jpg
side view front view-min low_res-min.jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

Imagine this paper towel roll to be the mouth of a patient. :D
light on and off low_res-min.jpg
light on and off low_res-min.jpg (55.3 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

Ukasz

Post by Ukasz »

Hi,
I share version 0.2 of faceshield mounted on a headlight.
It is lighter and has mount points for a peak from plastic foil.
Angles still need some adjustments, and there shouldn't be any gap between both sheets of plastic foil.
20200402_221853.jpg
20200402_221853.jpg (37.63 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
20200402_221747.jpg
20200402_221747.jpg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
20200402_221510.jpg
20200402_221510.jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 1602 times

Jan Pawlik

Post by Jan Pawlik »

@Andre S. , @Ukasz,
actually both of your designs have its pros and cons. Maybe we should release two version, with a little improvement inspired one by the other:

The design by Andre is really good, but it would be perfect if it contained some kind of protection of the top of the head - like that posted by Ukasz.

Ukasz - if i were you i'd make a 'slim' version of your mask - the concept is great but i assume it could use less material. The benefits of such a redesign will appear in material costs, printing time and more comfort while wearing.

cknom4d

Post by cknom4d »

Jan Pawlik wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:21 am
@Andre S. , @Ukasz,
actually both of your designs have its pros and cons. Maybe we should release two version, with a little improvement inspired one by the other:

The design by Andre is really good, but it would be perfect if it contained some kind of protection of the top of the head - like that posted by Ukasz.

Ukasz - if i were you i'd make a 'slim' version of your mask - the concept is great but i assume it could use less material. The benefits of such a redesign will appear in material costs, printing time and more comfort while wearing.
Sure gonna make a mount for top shield

Ukasz

Post by Ukasz »

@Jan Pawlik I totally agree.
We should print both and give them to the doctors to test.
I will post updated version that uses less filament and prints faster.

Have a great Sunday!

jaq

Post by jaq »

Jan Pawlik wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:21 am
@Andre S. , @Ukasz,

*Warning: not an expert, just a normal person's analysis. The first paragraph could be ignored.

In addition to your comments about Ukasz's mask, I would like to add that perhaps the plastic shielding could move closer to the neck (the 'slim' version Jan was talking about) or curve the plastic inwards a little to prevent particles from passing underneath the mask. However, this would only work if the medical staff is able to cover necks, otherwise the neck would be left a little exposed if the mask was wrapping around the face.

I like the built-in light on the mask because it would be very easy to clean: the mask, in a more final form, would basically be one large surface on the outside with very minimal chance for particles to get caught somewhere. I don't know what other people think but wrapping a little more around the side of the head may not be a bad idea either (again to prevent particles from contacting the medical staff).

Someone else talked about covering the head a little more: perhaps adding some welder's mask elements?

If it wouldn't be too expensive, perhaps having the mask's edge covered in a plastic like kid's swimming goggles (or lab goggles) to prevent any particles from touching the user's face would work: this way, the user is in a closed environment. The only issue I see is getting fresh air in. Just an idea: I know we want to be able to make the masks quickly so I can understand if this isn't feasible.

I like the precision lighting in Andre's mask and that the user's line of sight was taken into consideration. Any updates on what the mask looks like, Andre?

Melho

Post by Melho »

Ukasz wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 pm
Hi,
I share version 0.2 of faceshield mounted on a headlight.
It is lighter and has mount points for a peak from plastic foil.
Angles still need some adjustments, and there shouldn't be any gap between both sheets of plastic foil.

20200402_221853.jpg
20200402_221747.jpg
20200402_221510.jpg
Wow, what an amazing solution in the current situation! I will see my uncle today at his real estate in Limassol here and I am sure he will be able to create something similar in his garage. I will post pictures later for sure.