Electomagnetic Valve

GrzesiekMy

Electomagnetic Valve

Post by GrzesiekMy »

Hi everyone!

To switch between the low and hi pressure, we need an electomagnetic valve (EMV).

The requirements are as follows:
- cheap and accessible (as always)
- NO (normallly open)
- internal diameter of at least 20mm

Any ideas of existing solutions or how to make one - please share!

Thank you!

Gajlity

Re: Electomagnetic Valve

Post by Gajlity »

I am thinking about the valve, I am new to the forum, but should there be a new topic in which would be placed easily accessible and cheap parts from which to construct the device. Such associations. No comments, such a database of components. I have always made devices from what I have, and I have adapted the concept of the solution to it.

Gajlity

Post by Gajlity »

I have some ideas, but first you need to determine the working pressure. As I understand the maximum pressure is about 100 mm H2O. Another important information is the tightness of the valve, i.e. whether we agree that there will be a slight leakage of air when closed.

Gajlity

Post by Gajlity »

Since I was not able to quickly find a ready valve, I will present some suggestions, rather ideas. First of all, you can make a normal mushroom or diaphragm valve, or like in oil valves (fig. 1), and use a contactor as a coil. (For me it's easier to do everything again because I have such possibilities - but this is not the case). However, it seems to me that to obtain large flows of low pressure air it would be best to make a rotary valve (similar to a ball valve). For the sake of simplification, I will present the simplest version without any construction details. (Figure 2). A rotating cylinder inside the tube opens the "A" exit cyclically and when closed, opens the transition from "B" - "C".
The advantage of this solution is the fact that the need for very low force to ensure cyclic operation of the valve, the ability to easily change the opening speed (changing the engine speed), easy shaping the air flow curve (changing the opening phase angle "A, B, C", and changing the size and hole shape in the cylinder ("O" holes).
Finally, the solution that is just emerging, the idea is that the valve (as before, the output "A" closes it after reaching a certain pressure (or flow decrease) while opening the passage "B" - "C" until "C" - "B" there will be no pressure (or flow) and again "A." The principle of operation is similar to that of scuba diving, difference that the valve is automatically controlled - without human intervention. I'm working on it.
Attachments
zawory02.png
zawory02.png (27.01 KiB) Viewed 710 times

dilip

Post by dilip »

My suggestion is to use electric linear actuators / push pull solenoids
Example - http://www.modimaz.com/push-pull-linear ... enoids.htm

and attach a 3D printed piston and valve assembly

or use two solenoid water valves....